Safari Ltd Peccary
Although the peccary looks like a pig, it is from a completely different family than the common pig. The peccary lives in South America, Central America, and in the southwestern areas of the United States.
- Scientific Name: Pecari tajacu
- Characteristics: Even though the peccary is from a different family tree than the common pig, it has a pig-like snout, big head, bulky shoulders, and hoofed feet. Javelinas have thick, bristly coats that are usually greyish-black.
- Size: 3.32" L x 1.85" W
- The Peccary is part of the Wild Safari® North American Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Ancient peccaries lived only in South and Central America. The peccary is a relatively new arrival to the Southwest, perhaps arriving as Arizona's historic grasslands were replaced by scrub-brush and cacti. Until 1929, the musk hog was not regulated as big game. However, in that year wildlife management officials began regulating the hunt of peccaries.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 8.5 L x 4.75 W x H
- Size in inches: 3.35 L x 1.87 W x 0.0 H
- UPC: 095866180607
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh