Safari Ltd Phoenix
What kind of bird lays no eggs? A phoenix, of course, the mythical bird of fire, often associated with the sun. After living an impossibly long life, the creature is consumed by flame, only to be reborn from the ashes.
- Scientific Name: Phoenix
- Characteristics: Always portrayed as large and colorful, this Phoenix figure captures the most popular views of the mythical creature. With wings like flames, it looks ready to launch into the sky.
- Size and Color: The mix of shades of red, orange, and yellow truly look like the flaming pyre from which the Phoenix is born. And at 7 inches wide, the figure lives up to its large reputation!
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
The Phoenix myth goes all the way back to the ancient Egyptians, from where it spread through European and Asian civilizations. Cultures as far away as Persia and China have their own Phoenix myths, stories of a bird that lived several lifetimes before being consumed in flame. The story doesn’t end there, though, as the colorful bird is soon born again from the ashes, soaring into the sky to start its journey again.
500 years it had lived, and it had seen the entire world. Floating on powerful wings high in the sky, it looked down on the strange pyramids men had started building decades earlier. They looked complete now, gleaming white and gold. The Phoenix flapped its wings once more and then began its descent. The time had come. In the distance, flames licked the sky from a pile of sticks and brush the bird had built. As the fire grew, the Phoenix picked up speed, zipping toward the inferno. In a splash of sparks and a billow of smoke, the mighty bird disappeared into the pyre. Hours later, only a pile of ashes remained in the spot. But wait. Movement. A powerful head rises from the cool grey ash, followed by bright wings.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 11.6 L x 17 W x 12.7 H
- Size in inches: 4.57 L x 6.69 W x 5.0 H
- UPC: 095866801304
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh