Safari Ltd Pilot Whale
Consisting of two species, the long-finned pilot whale and the short-finned pilot whale, pilot whales can be found in oceans nearly worldwide. They mainly eat squid, and can dive to depths of 600 meters to hunt for their meals.
- Scientific Name: Genus Globicephala
- Characteristics: Individually sculpted and hand painted, this model makes a wonderful gift for an aspiring marine biologist! The next best thing to seeing these amazing animals in person, our sea life models bring the open ocean right to you!
- Size and Color: Pilot whales are mostly black with a gray saddle-shaped marking around their dorsal fin, as well as grayish-white anchor-shaped markings on their chest and throat. 5.75 inches long and 2 inches wide, this model is about the size of a soda can on its side.
- The Pilot Whale is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
There is a lack of data for the two pilot whale species in regards to their population numbers. Both pilot whale species are the most common type of whale to “strand,” which is a phenomenon in which healthy whales beach themselves in large groups. This is mainly due to the strong social bonds that pods have, and scientists believe many groups of pilot whales strands because they were following an important member of the group that most likely got lost.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 14.5 L x 4.75 W x
- Size in inches: 5.71 L x 1.87 W x
- UPC: 095866205607
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh