Safari Ltd Przewalskis Horse
Przewalski’s horses were long thought to have never been domesticated by humans, making them the last truly “wild” type of horse. However, recent DNA evidence has show that like other horses that exist in the wild, they are feral (wild descendents of domestic animals). The Przewalski’s horse inhabits the high altitude grassland steppes of Mongolia.
- Scientific Name: Equus ferus przewalskii
- Characteristics: The Przewalski’s horse is stockier and more heavily built than most other horses, and is known for its erect mane and convex facial profile. Both features are replicated in this highly detailed and hand painted figurine.
- Size and Color: 5 inches tall and 3 ½ inches high, this figure is about as long and a little taller than a soda can on its side. It’s reddish brown coat features the pangaré configuration, which is identified by a light colored muzzle and underside, and dark brown mane, tail, and stockinged feet.
- The Przewalski’s Horse is part of the Winner's Circle Horses collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
The Przewalski’s horse became extinct in the wild in the 1960s, but captive bred animals have been reintroduced into the wild with some success. Nevertheless, it is still criticially endangered.
Long thought to be the last truly wild horse, recent DNA studies have shown that Przewalski's horses are descended from the Botai horse, an ancient breed of domesticated horse. They reverted to their feral state in the wild thousands of years ago, and until recently were thought to be truly wild.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 12.45 L x 3.05 W x 8.89 H
- Size in inches: 4.9 L x 1.2 W x 3.5 H
- UPC: 609366000930
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh