Safari Ltd Quarter Horse Gelding
Created to run a quarter-mile race at high speeds, the American Quarter Horse Gelding is the most popular horse in the United States. Strong enough to pull a plow, sure-footed for trail riding, and attractive in front of a carriage, the Quarter Horse Gelding contributed significantly to the lives of pioneers as they spread out across the North American continent.
- Safari Ltd Model 153005
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 12.3 x 4 x 9 cm
- Size in inches: 4.84 x 1.57 x 3.54 inches
The roots of the American Quarter Horse go back to horses of Arab, Turk, and Barb descent that were brought to the New World by explorers and traders. In 1611, a group of Spanish stallions were imported to the North American continent and the cross-bred offspring of these horses were perfect for racing. As colonial America grew, so did the popularity of the Quarter Horse. Colonists wanted horses that could work hard all week but also be used for racing on the weekends. The most common race course length was a quarter of a mile, from which the Quarter Horse got its name. As the United States spread to the West, so did the Quarter Horse. On the ranches of the West and Southwest, however, the Quarter Horse came into its own, demonstrating its skill as a cattle horse. Currently, these horses are extremely popular in rodeo events, working cattle on farms, and for pleasure riding.
- Scientific Name: Equus ferus caballus
- Characteristics: Heavily muscled and compact with a small head, the Quarter Horse is of medium size. They usually are between 14 and 15 hands in height and weigh between 1,100 and 1,300 pounds. These horses are suited for quick bursts of speed with wide, deep chests and powerful hindquarters. The American Quarter Horse Association specifies 13 colors, 5 kinds of leg markings, and 7 types of facial markings.
- Size: This horse is about 5 inches long and 4 inches high, or a little bit larger than a standard index card. It's a rich brown in color with a black mane and tail. It's got white ankles and black hooves.
- The Quarter Horse Gelding is part of the Winner's Circle collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
Please check your Flybuys number againOK