Safari Ltd Rabbit
Dozens of species of rabbits, including popular types such as the Eastern cottontail, snowshoe hare, and jackrabbit, make their homes throughout the world. However, the several dozen breeds of domesticated rabbits stem from the European rabbit.
- Scientific Name: Oryctolagus cuniculus
- Characteristics: Gentle in appearance, this rabbit figure could be a domesticated rabbit, or it could be one of its wild cousins, the European rabbit.
- Size and Color: Realistically textured brown fur contrasts with darker brown feet and facial features and a splash of white at the chest, making this 2-inch-long rabbit completely lifelike.
- The Rabbit is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Twenty-eight separate species of rabbits are found on all continents except Antarctica. They were introduced to Australia, but are native elsewhere. Rabbits have appeared in the fossil record for at least 40 million years, dating back to the Eocene Epoch, a period of time which takes its name from the Greek word for dawn. The name fits, for the Eocene saw a new dawn for many modern species, including mammals, a kingdom of which rabbits are a member. Older versions were slightly larger, as was the case with many mammals, but rabbit anatomy has undergone very little change. The earliest fossils reveal bodies built for speed and large ears to detect predators, features that are still prominent in modern rabbits.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 5.3 L x 3 W x 4.90 H
- Size in inches: 2.09 L x 1.18 W x 1.93 H
- UPC: 095866245405
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh