Safari Ltd Red-Eared Slider Turtle
Also referred to as the red-eared terrapin, the red-eared slider turtle is perhaps the most popular pet turtle worldwide. It is originally endemic to the southern United States and northern Mexico, but can now be found in the wild in many regions of the world.
- Scientific Name: Trachemys scripta elegans
- Characteristics: The red-eared slider turtle is actually an invasive species in many areas due to owners releasing them either accidentally or on purpose. Learn more astounding facts about this animal with our life-like and scientifically accurate hand painted model!
- Size and Color: This turtle earns its name due to the crimson red patches on either side of its head, however it also has distinctive yellow stripes and a brownish-green shell. 5.25 inches long and 4 inches wide, this model is as long as and a bit taller than a soda can on its side.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Red-eared slider turtles are regarded as such an impactful and damaging invasive species in some areas that there are many laws and regulations in place in regards to owning them. In fact, they are included on the International Union for Conservation of Nature’ list of the world’s 100 most invasive species.
- Recommended Age: 18 months and up
- Size in cm: 13.5 L x 10 W x 3.8 H
- Size in inches: 5.31 L x 3.94 W x 1.5 H
- Scale: 1:2
- UPC: 095866269500
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items. *Excluding pre-sale items
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh