Safari Ltd Red Panda
The Red Panda lives in the forests of the Himalayas and China, spending much of its time in trees eating bamboo and other plants, as well as the occasional small animal.
- Scientific Name: Ailurus fulgens
- Characteristics: This Red Panda figure is highly detailed and scientifically accurate, showcasing the unique features of this distinctive animal, including its striped tail and masked face.
- Size and Color: This figure measures 8 inches long and 3 inches tall, about the size of a pair of standard scissors. Its body is reddish brown above and black below, and its tail has light creamy orange stripes and a black tip. Its face is white with an orange “mask”, a black nose and brown eyes. Its ears are white and its claws are light gray.
- The Red Panda is part of the Wonderful Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
The Red Panda has a long and complicated history in the Animal Kingdom. It has previously been believed to be a member of the bear family, closely related to the panda, and it has also been placed in the raccoon family. However, both of these relationships proved to be false, and the truth is that the Red Panda belongs in its own family, the Ailuridae. It is a “living fossil” with no close living relatives, although it is closer aligned with raccoons, skunks, and weasels, and only very distantly related to the Giant Panda.
Red Pandas are endangered, and only about 10,000 are believed to remain in the wild. Habitat loss is a key factor in the decline of the Red Panda, as is fragmentation due to their habitat being split apart by urban development, which leaves the animal’s territory divided.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 19.69 L x 4.45 W x 7.32 H
- Size in inches: 7.75 L x 1.75 W x 2.88 H
- Scale: 1:5.5
- UPC: 095866003753
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh