Safari Ltd Red Tailed Hawk
One of the most widely-distributed raptors worldwide, the red-tailed hawk is able to live in a variety of ecosystems, including deserts, grasslands, forests, open fields, and even urban areas. If you live in North America, chances are you’ve seen one of these hawks!
- Scientific Name: Buteo jamaicensis
- Characteristics: Unfurling its wings, this red-tailed hawk is about to take flight to patrol the skies in search of prey. Crafted and hand-painted by professionals for true-to-life quality, this figurine is a great addition to any nature buff’s collection.
- Size and Color: This model stands 5.75 inches wide and 2.25 inches long, the size of a dollar bill stood upright. It depicts the distinct coloration of the red-tailed hawk, including its mixed milky white and brown plumage and brownish-red tail feathers.
- The Red-Tailed Hawk is part of the Wings of the World Birds collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Red-tailed hawks are known to have a very strong relationship with humans, and are the most common bird used in falconry. As far as birds of prey go, they’re actually very social, making them easier to tame and train. Because of their relatively large size and lack of dexterity when compared to other raptors, red-tailed hawks are often used to hunt ground animals like rabbits instead of small, flighty birds. Although you can’t go hunting with it, this red-tailed hawk is every bit as sociable as its species would suggest!
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 6 L x 14.5 W x H
- Size in inches: 2.36 L x 5.71 W x 0.0 H
- UPC: 095866000950
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh