Safari Ltd Reef Squid
Found throughout the Caribbean and off the coast of Florida, the reef squid a relatively small squid with unique undulating fins that make up a large portion of its body. The reef squid can actually use its fins to propel itself out of the water and fly a short distance!
- Scientific Name: Sepioteuthis sepioidea
- Characteristics: This reef squid is preparing for some aerial acrobatics once it launches itself out of the ocean! Hand painted for precise biological accuracy, this figurine is fantastic as a learning aid, a toy for fun play, as a gift, or even as a piece of décor for a house close to the water!
- Size and Color: 8.25 inches long and 3.25 inches wide, this reef squid is roughly an inch longer than a 16 oz. water bottle and as wide as a deck of cards is tall. These squids are masters of camouflage and can display many different colors, including orange, blue, brown, black, yellow, pink, and tan; they change colors to blend into their environment, usually when hiding from predators or when hunting prey.
- The Reef Squid is part of the Incredible Creatures collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
While you might think their color patterns are just for show, studies have shown that reef squid are actually able to communicate with one another by altering the colors and patterns of their skin. They can even send different messages using different sides of their body! Given the color of its body, what message do you think this reef squid is trying to send?
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 21 L x 8.25 W x H
- Size in inches: 8.27 L x 3.25 W x 0.0 H
- UPC: 095866000837
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh