Safari Ltd Reticulated Giraffe Baby
Although they’re not the largest giraffe subspecies, newborn reticulated giraffe infants can be as large as 6 feet tall at birth. It doesn’t take long for them to reach their maximum height either, as they grow at a rate of 9 inches per month during their first year!
- Scientific Name: Giraffa camelopardalis reticulata
- Characteristics: Reticulated giraffes are easily recognizable by their lengthy necks, blotchy coats, and “ossicones,” which are the skin covered knobs on their heads. Crafted and hand painted for true-to-life detail, this young giraffe is pleasantly galloping over to see its mother!
- Size and Color: 3.7 inches long and 3.7 inches tall, this model has dimensions nearly identical to the length of a credit card. Like all reticulated giraffes, this baby has a white base coat with caramel brown spots.
- The Reticulated Giraffe Baby is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Despite their large size at birth, newborn reticulated giraffes are similar to most other mammals in that they rely heavily on their mothers for protection. Mature female giraffes will actually surround their young in a circle while guiding them to feeding grounds and watering holes. Mother giraffes are also extremely protective of their young, and will stand directly over their children and unleash devastating kicks at any predator that wanders to close!.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 9.5 L x 2 W x 9.5 H
- Size in inches: 3.74 L x 0.79 W x 3.74 H
- UPC: 095866268503
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh