Safari Ltd Right Whale
Second only to the Blue Whale, the Right Whale is one of the largest animals on planet Earth and can grow up to 65 feet long, weighing in at over 90 tons. Their name actually comes from old whaler terminology when they were indicated as the “right” whale to hunt.
- Scientific Name: Genus Eubalaena
- Characteristics: Despite their massive size, right whales are fairly docile and many whale-watching expeditions venture out to meet them in the colder winter months. Do some whale watching of your own with this exquisitely crafted figurine, hand-painted and professionally sculpted with immaculate realism.
- Size and Color: Right whales are predominantly black, but what sets them apart from other whales in terms of physical appearance are the white patches above their eyes and around their mouths, which are actually rough patches of skin due to whale lice. 9.25 inches long and 5 inches wide, this figurine is a little longer than the width of a legal sized piece of paper and is as wide as a soda can is tall.
- This Right Whale is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Right whales consist of 3 similar species, all of which inhabit distinct waters. The North Atlantic right whale lives in the north Atlantic Ocean, the North Pacific right whale lives in the eastern North Pacific ocean, and the southern right whale is spread throughout the very southern part of the southern hemisphere. The two northern species are classified as critically endangered with extremely low population numbers, while the southern right whale’s population is thankfully increasing.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 23.5 L x 12.75 W x
- Size in inches: 9.25 L x 5.02 W x
- UPC: 095866001100
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh