Safari Ltd Sawfish Monterey Bay Aquarium
Also referred to as carpenter sharks, sawfish are a type of ray that can easily be identified by their long, narrow snouts lined with teeth. Sawfish species vary dramatically in size, and can range from 4 feet long to 23 feet long.
- Scientific Name: Family Pristidae
- Characteristics: Although they look fairly similar, sawfish are not to be confused with sawsharks, which are members of a different scientific order. Learn more interesting facts with this true-to-life and individually hand painted model!
- Size and Color: 10.25 inches long and 3 inches wide, our sawfish model is roughly the length of a legal sized piece of paper and as wide as a deck of cards. Generally, sawfish are slate gray with a white belly, although they can be brown and dark green as well.
- The Sawfish is part of the Monterey Bay Aquarium® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Sadly, all known species of sawfish are listed as either endangered or critically endangered on the IUCN’s red list. They are greatly removed from the original endemic range, and it’s estimated that their numbers are nearly 10% of what they once were. They are fished both intentionally and accidentally, although catching any type of sawfish is illegal in areas like the United States and Australia.
- Recommended Age: 3
- Size in cm: 26 L x 8.80 W x 3.8 H
- Size in inches: 10.24 L x 3.46 W x 1.5 H
- UPC: 095866211905
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh