Safari Ltd Schnauzer
Schnauzers, an ancient German breed, have so many distinguishing characteristics, from their short tails to their unique ears, to the mustachioed face that gives them their name. They are medium-sized dogs with medium energy.
- Scientific Name: Canis lupus familiaris
- Characteristics: Don’t let the grumpy appearance fool you; schnauzers are smart and spirited and extraordinarily loyal and friendly. This figure shows off their attentiveness.
- Size and Color: This salt-and-pepper schnauzer represents one of just two color options for the breed, the other being pure black. Detailed sculpting ensures that the breed’s shorthaired coat is evident. The figure is 3 inches long by 2 ½ inches tall, similar to a playing card.
- The Schnauzer is part of the Best in Show collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Although schnauzers weren’t recognized by the American Kennel Club until 1904, they were popular in Germany, their country of origin, for hundreds of years before. A fourteenth-century statue in Mecklenburg, Germany depicts a hunter with what appears to be a schnauzer at his feet, setting a very early date for this breed’s appearance. Another statue, this one in Stuttgart Germany and dating to 1620, also features a schnauzer. The dogs were most likely bred as terriers and workers, helping families by keeping rats at bay and assisting farmers with their tasks. The breed name comes from the German schnauze, meaning snout, a clear reference to their distinguished whiskers.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 7.5 L x 3.5 W x 6.3 H
- Size in inches: 2.95 L x 1.38 W x 2.48 H
- UPC: 095866254308
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh