Safari Ltd Sea Turtle Baby
One of the oldest known creatures on planet Earth, sea turtles have been around for nearly 110 million years! Despite being around so long, early infancy is still very difficult for sea turtles and it's estimated that only 1 out of 1,000 make it to adulthood.
- Scientific Name: Superfamily Chelonioidea
- Characteristics: This figurine was crafted with attention to detail in mind, accurately capturing both the texture and physical features of a young sea turtle. Like many young sea turtle species, this baby is matte black with highlights of white around its flippers, eyes, mouth, and belly, allowing it to simultaneously hide against the ocean floor and the water's surface.
- Size and Color: Measuring 5.5 inches long and 6.5 inches wide, this precious slate black reptile is about as long as a dollar bill in both length and width. As docile as it is stunning, this little one is a great addition to a classroom, personal desk, or your own collection of figurines!
- The Sea Turtle Baby is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Although many species of sea turtles are endangered, their importance to the ocean ecosystem cannot be overstated. Sea turtles are one of few creatures that eat and actually help maintain the health of sea grass, which is an important breeding ground for many marine animals. Without sea turtles, those species could become endangered and potentially go extinct. While efforts have been made to protect sea turtles from being fished, their numbers have not yet been able to rebound.
- Recommended Age: 18 months and up
- Size in cm: 12.7 L x 16 W x 4.59 H
- Size in inches: 5.0 L x 6.3 W x 1.81 H
- UPC: 095866268107
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh