Safari Ltd Sei Whale
Sei (pronounced “sigh”) whales are some of the largest animals on the planet, and one of the fastest whales in the sea. Using its unique baleen to filter krill and other creatures from seawater, it can consume up to 1,000 lbs. of food in a single day.
- Scientific Name: Balaenoptera borealis
- Characteristics: This long and slender whale features the erect dorsal fin and single ridge on the top of its head (rostrum) that separates it from similar species like the fin whale and Bryde’s whale. This hand painted figure features tiny pale whiter ovals to represent the scarring these whales often receive due to bites from the tiny cookie cutter shark.
- Size and Color: This figure is 7 ¾ inches long and 1 ¼ inches high, about the length of a standard pair of scissors. Its body is a dark blue gray above that fades to white below, with a pockmarking of pale oval spots along the length of its body.
- The Sei Whale is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
It’s not exactly known how many sei whales existed prior to them being targeted by whalers, since there was little differentiation at the time between fin, sei, and Bryde’s whales, which were all simply known as “finners”. Initially too fast for traditional whaling boats, sei whales became a popular target with the advent of steam-powered boats, after other stocks of humpbacks, right whales, and blue whales had been depleted. They are currently endangered and are protected by a worldwide ban on commercial whaling.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 19.5 L x 7.5 W x 3 H
- Size in inches: 7.68 L x 2.95 W x 1.18 H
- UPC: 095866002190
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
Please check your Flybuys number againOK