Safari Ltd Snowy Owl
Native to the Arctic regions of North America, Europe, and Asia, the snowy oil is a large member of the Bubo genus. As its name suggest, it’s easily identified by its stark white plumage, which helps it blend into the snowy environments that it frequents.
- Scientific Name: Bubo scandiacus
- Characteristics: Unlike most owls, snowy owls hunt during the day in order to take advantage of the camouflage that their white color provides. Sculpted and painted by hand, all Safari figurines are exceptional for play, education, and more!
- Size and Color: While male snowy owls are almost entirely white, females can be distinguished by the black trim around their feathers. 1.5 inches tall and 2.5 inches long, this figurine is roughly the size of a credit card stood on its side.
- The Snowy Owl is part of the Wings of the World Birds collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Snowy owls face no immediate human threat, and are classified as an animal of least concern on the conservation status spectrum. Similarly, snowy owls have no known natural predator, although they do directly compete with an array of birds including hawks, eagles, peregrine falcons, gulls, and multiple other species of owl. Because of their size, snowy owls are often considered the dominant raptor in the regions they inhabit.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 6.8 L x 6 W x 4.40 H
- Size in inches: 2.68 L x 2.36 W x 1.73 H
- UPC: 095866264703
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh