Safari Ltd Tasmanian Devil
Tasmanian Devils get their name from their distinctive screeching cry. They have a reputation for being unstoppably vicious, which is exaggerated, although they are tenacious and can be quite aggressive. Tasmanian Devils are the largest living carnivorous marsupial, and are found only on the island state of Tasmania.
- Scientific Name: Sarcophilius harrisii
- Characteristics: Tasmanian Devils are stocky animals with short legs and mouths full of sharp, pointy teeth, which this figure is showing off. They use these sharp teeth and powerful jaws to eat just about anything, from fish to fruit to birds to livestock to frogs and reptiles.
- Size and Color: This Tasmanian Devil figure is 3 ½ inches long and 2 inches tall, about the size of a credit card. Its coloration is a very dark brown, with black eyes and nose, and a white strip across its chest, a common feature in many Devils. Its teeth are white in its yawning mouth, and its inside is a pinkish red.
- The Tasmanian Devil is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Tasmanian Devils are marsupials, like Kangaroos and Koalas, meaning their young are born and continue to develop in a pouch outside of the mother’s womb. Like these other marsupials, it once lived on the mainland of Australia, but is believed to have gone extinct there around 3,000 years ago and now can only be found on Tasmania and some of its surrounding islands.
The Tasmanian Devil is endangered, and its isolated territory makes it vulnerable to the threat of extinction. They have been historically hunted to reduce their numbers, since it was incorrectly assumed that Tasmanian Devils posed a serious threat to livestock. They are also struck by motor vehicles. The largest threat, however, are diseases that can quickly spread and affect much of the population.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 9.3 L x 2.3 W x 5.3 H
- Size in inches: 3.66 L x 0.91 W x 2.09 H
- UPC: 095866003630
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh