Safari Ltd Thresher Shark
Thresher sharks inhabit temperate coastal waters in the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean. They are easily identified by their long tails, which they actually just to swat smaller fish. In doing so, they’re able to stun their prey before consuming it.
- Scientific Name: Genus Alopias
- Characteristics: Although some thresher shark species can grow to be 20 feet long, they are not a threat to humans. Hand painted and sculpted by professionals, this model makes an excellent piece of décor for your nightstand or desk!
- Size and Color: 6.75 inches long and 3.25 inches wide, both dimensions of this model are about an inch larger than a soda can on its side. Like most sharks, threshers range from slate gray to dark brown in color, and have white undersides.
- The Thresher Shark is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
All three species of thresher shark, including the Pelagic, Bigeye, and Common thresher, have been listed as vulnerable with a decreasing population trend on the IUCN red list. Because thresher sharks mature and reproduce slowly, they are especially susceptible to detrimental effects to their populations. They are fished for their fins and meat, and also end up as bycatch in fishing nets.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 17 L x 8.5 W x H
- Size in inches: 6.69 L x 3.35 W x 0.0 H
- UPC: 095866200206
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh