Safari Ltd Townsend's Big-Eared Bat
As its name suggests, the Townsend’s big eared bat is easily identified by its large, flexible ears. It is a type of vesper bat, also known referred to as an evening bat, and can commonly be found throughout its large range of Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
- Scientific Name: Corynorhinus townsendii
- Characteristics: Because these bats live in regions where insect life becomes sparse during the winter, they hibernate in order to endure the year’s colder months. Learn more astounding facts about this magnificent mammal with our life-like model!
- Size and Color: This figurine is on a 1:1 scale of the actual Townsend’s big eared bat, and measures 5.75 inches long and 10.5 inches wide. It is about as long as a soda can on its side and as wide as a legal sized piece of paper turned sideways, and is predominantly light brown and black.
- The Townsend's Big Eared Bat is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
The Townsend’s big eared bat is what’s known as a whisper bat. In other words, when compared to many other bat species the intensity of the Townsend’s big eared bat’s echolocation is fairly minimal. They’ve developed this adaptation because they prey primarily upon moths, many of which are able to actually detect and disrupt louder echolocation attempts with noises of their own.
- Recommended Age: 18 months and up
- Size in cm: 14.5 L x 26.5 W x
- Size in inches: 5.71 L x 10.43 W x
- Scale: 1:1
- UPC: 095866266806
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items. *Excluding pre-sale items
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh