Safari Ltd White Rhino
The largest species of rhinoceros in the world, the white rhino is a large horned mammal endemic to many parts of South Africa. Despite their name, white rhinos are not white and are instead a cement-like color. They have long lifespans, and can live to be over 50 years old!
- Scientific Name: Ceratotherium simum
- Characteristics: Like all Safari models, this white rhino figurine has been crafted with true-to-life, scientific detail. If you look closely at the tail and ears, you can see they have the same type of hair as humans!
- Size and Color: Standing 5.75 inches long and 2.5 inches tall this rhino statuette is about the size of a soda can resting on its side. White rhinos can easily be identified by their massive size, dark gray skin, and pearlescent white horns.
- The White Rhino is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
The white rhino is split into two subspecies: the southern and the northern white rhino. Due to the vast differences in their endemic regions, including human development and habitat fragmentation, the southern white rhino is considered near threatened with over 20,000 individuals living in the wild, whereas the northern white rhino is critically endangered with only 3 members left, all of which are in captivity.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 14.5 L x 4.09 W x 6.5 H
- Size in inches: 5.71 L x 1.61 W x 2.56 H
- UPC: 095866270223
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh