Safari Ltd Life Cycle of a Green Sea Turtle
Green sea turtle eggs are buried in clutches of 75-200. After two months, the hatchlings make a mad dash for water, where they’ll spend the rest of their lives. Green sea turtles don’t reach adulthood for 10 years or more, but they can live up to 100 years.
- Safari Ltd Model 662316
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 19.5 x 23 cm
- Size in inches: 7.68 x 9.06 inches
Before humans, before birds, even before dinosaurs, turtles walked the earth. Scientists aren’t sure exactly when they took to the sea, but it was certainly before dinosaurs breathed their last around 65 million years ago. They’ve adapted well to life in the water, with flippers instead of legs, as well as the ability to spend 45 minutes underwater without coming up for air. Green sea turtles are endangered, although efforts have been made to protect their nesting sites and avoid accidental entrapment in fishing nets.
- Scientific Name: Chelonia mydas
- Characteristics: Green sea turtles get their name not from their shells, but from their subdermal body fat. Unlike many other turtles, they cannot retract into their shells.
- Size and Color: Although these figures are dark green, sea turtles can also be brown, grey, or olive. The adult figure is 3 ½ inches long, about the size of a drink coaster.
- The Life Cycle of a Green Sea Turtle is part of the Safariology® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
Please check your Flybuys number againOK